With the spread of COVID-19 around the globe, mitigating the pandemic with everyday preventative actions and social distancing seems to have a positive effect. The curve has flattened and medical workers are getting the virus under control. To keep it that way, we have to collectively maintain preventative actions until a vaccine is developed. One of the most effective mitigating actions is to wear a face mask in public settings. Even non-medical textile face masks, like our eco-friendly hemp face masks, do help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A textile face mask may keep you from
spreading the virus to others
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a textile face mask may not protect you , but it does help you to stop spreading the virus to others..
COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person through respiratory droplets that are produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Importantly, a large group of people with coronavirus does not have symptoms (“asymptomatic”), and even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example by speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if infected people are not showing symptoms.
Textile face masks provide an extra layer to help prevent the respiratory droplets from traveling via the air onto other people. Therefore, textile face masks slow the spread of the virus - and help people who may have the virus and do not know it - from transmitting it to others.
Our eco-friendly hemp face masks are perfect for job: they are extremely durable because you can re-use them every day, they have anti-bacterial properties and they are very soft and comfortable!
How you should wear
your eco-friendly hemp face mask
Important: children under age 2 should not wear face masks, nor anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Wash your hands in advance.
- Put the face mask over your nose and mouth, secure it under your chin and wrap the elastic bands around your ears.
- Make sure the face masks fits perfectly against the sides of your face.
- Still to loose? Put a knot in the elastic bands and secure the bands behind your ears.
What not to do with your eco-friendly hemp face mask:
- Do not put the covering around your neck or up on your forehead.
- Do not touch the face covering, and, if you do, wash your hands.
- Do not throw away your mask once used but wash according to the instructions!
How to wash & dry your eco-friendly hemp face mask:
- Include your face mask with your regular laundry.
- Use normal laundry detergent and the highest appropriate water setting for hemp fabric (preferably 60 degrees)
- You can use a dryer or just lay the face masks flat down (preferably in the sun) to dry.